Volume 11 - 2021
32. Distribution and ecological niche modeling of a rare species Poronia punctata in Asia
Vlasenko VA et al. (2021)
30. Bioprospecting of non-mycorhhizal endophytic fungi associated with ferns and mosses
Asiandu AP et al. (2021)
29. Plant protection properties of the Plant Growth-Promoting Fungi (PGPF): Mechanisms and potentiality
El-Maraghy SS et al. (2021)
28. DNA-based species identification of Greek macromycetes
Lagiotis G et al. (2021)
26. CRISPR/Cas9: Contemporary designer nucleases for efficient genome editing in phytopathogenic fungi
Harishchandra DL et al. (2021)
25. Morphological and growth characteristics of Clathrus ruber P.Micheli ex Pers. vegetative mycelium in vitro condition
Sukhomlyn M et al. (2021)
24. Mycobiome sequencing and analysis of the assemblages of fungi associated with leaf litter on the Fernow Experimental Forest in the Central Appalachian Mountains of West Virginia
Alshuwaili FE et al. (2021)
23. New records of Amanita citrinoannulata and A. pakistanica (Amanitaceae) from India
Mehmood T et al. (2021)
Current Research in Environmental & Applied Mycology (Journal of Fungal Biology) (CREAM) publishes reviews, research articles, methodology papers in appiled and environmental mycology. The official journal language is English.
Manuscript preparation - General requirements
A proper and quick processing of your manuscript requires a clean manuscript regarding both its scientific content and its formatting. Detailed information on the layout/template can be found in 'Template_CREAM_2019' or download the most recently published papers.
Generally, the main text in the manuscript, including legends to illustrations, should be written in Times New Roman, 12 pt, single-spaced throughout. Latin names of genera and species must be italicised. Hyphenation must be avoided throughout (switch off automatic hyphenation).
No special formatting options should be used. All pages should be numbered in the bottom right corner of each page. After the acceptance of a paper with new scientific names, authors must register the names in Index Fungorum and obtain Index Fungorum number for each new name (see www.indexfungorum.org) and Faces of fungi numbers (for each taxa, see http://www.facesoffungi.org/). These are to be given immediately below the new name (see template)
Submission of manuscripts
Please submit your manuscript electronically as e-mail attachments. Manuscripts, which are not prepared according to our template, will be sent back for reformatting. See 'Template_CREAM_2019'.
Electronic submission guidelines
The following files are required:
- A word file of properly structured/formatted manuscript containing the full text including tables and figures/plates,
- A PDF file of properly structured/formatted manuscript containing the full text including tables and figures/plates for review purposes.
- Please send the names, affiliations and emails of three potential referees.
Important: The plates and tables should be placed in the text at the appropriate point where you would like to see them published
Submission of revised manuscripts
Accepted papers must be revised and submitted by carefully following the formatting instructions and submitted as a revised final version ready for publication with high quality figures and tables. If the manuscript has not been structured/formatted in the journal style it will be sent back for further formatting.
Figures in the revised version should be sent separately as JPEG files. Electronic figures must be captured at or above 300 dpi resolution. Single photographs that need mounting together are not acceptable.
No charge is made by CREAM for publication even for colour plates.
Tables, Figures and legends
Prepare tables with the table format feature of your word processor and ensure that each data entry is in its own cell; do not use tabs, spaces, graphics and boxes. Tables (and illustrations) must be referred to in the text.
Please note that all terms in the top-line and the left column must begin with a capital letter.
Do not use vertical lines in the table.
All entries should be left-aligned. For mere numerical data align the columns of numbers by their decimal points using word processor decimal tabs. Also, place a zero before the decimal point of numbers less than 1 (e.g. 0.1)
Please develop the format of references according to the Template_CREAM_2019
All citations should be listed alphabetically in the ‘References’ see the format of references in template. In the text, authors should be cited chronologically
1. Manuscripts will be sent to the EIC to consider whether the manuscript is suitable for publication in CREAM
2. If the manuscript is deemed suitable it will be sent to a handling editor
3. The handling editor will send the paper for peer review by at least two indepentent reviewers.
4. The reviewers will send their recommendations to the handling editor
5. The handling editor will recommend minor revisions, major revisions, acceptance, resubmission, or decline the manuscript and following improvements to the paper and possible further peer review, return the finalised manuscript and decision to the EIC
6. The EIC will make the final decision over acceptance and if accepted forward the final revised manuscript to the managing editor to prepare the final proofs
Proofs will be sent as PDF files to the author by email. They must be checked and returned within five working days. CREAM team cannot be held responsible for errors not pointed out within five days by the authors.
Copyright remains with the author. Authors are encouraged to deposit their papers online and make them freely downloadable. They can also use their data and publish it elsewhere without permission from CREAM. We have adopted a Creative Commons Copyright License applicable to this site.
Entire manuscripts should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org